UPDATED: So Contagion won, though it was pretty lackluster for a movie that should have opened higher.The Help stayed steady while The Warrior came in badly despite good reviews.Thankfully Bucky Larson didn't even make the top ten.
DOMESTIC BOX OFFICE (Sept. 9-11)
1. Contagion (Warner Bros., 3,222): $23.1 Million
2. The Help (Disney, 2,935): $8.7 Million
3. Warrior (Lionsgate, 1869): $5.6 Million
4. The Debt (Focus, 1,872): $4.9 Million
5. Colombiana (Sony, 2,354): $4 Million
6. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Fox, 2,887): $3.9 Million
7. Shark Night 3D (Relativity Media, 2,848): $3.5 Million
8. Apollo 18 (Weinstein Co., 3,330): $2.9 Million
9. Our Idiot Brother (Weinstein Co., 2,396): $2.8 Million
10. Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D (Weinstein Co., 2,544): $2.5 Million
The big movie this weekend, hopefully will be a thriller remake of Outbreak. Or at least that's what Contagion looks like on the surface. Starring a few mid weights such as Damon and Jude Law, it looks to try and knock of the Help which has greatly benefited from the lackluster box office run off the last three weeks.Meanwhile Tom Hardy gets into the ring with a fist pounding Warrior. And though I shouldn't have to remind you, stay away from that bloody Bucky Larson unless you need to kill brain cells safely.